Sunday, June 13, 2010

At last...

After a month long study in the various computer shops all over Central Calcutta, especially Chandni Chowk, the E-mall on the CR Avenue, one or two shops in Park Street, I have a pretty hard time choosing a model for my first PC.

The two names that I had initially a juggernaut were Acer and Compaq. Then a mini survey carried out by me foresaw the name of DELL coming to be prominent. With my budget of Rs. 35000/-., it was hard to fit in a Dell with preloaded Windows 7 was hard to come by in Calcutta market. All focussed in the Rs. 37000 range, not affordable. 

A very close friend of mine came up with the idea that her bro has Lenovo. I searched in for the brand and a few came ip for m y liking. But in my mini survey, except for that pal, no one had mentioned of Lenovo. Dell has a problem that they dont have a proper service station here in Kolkata, till date. Only a few Vostro models can be dealt with. Compared to the other metroes its a pretty bad stuff.

Calcuttans has a fancy for Compaq or HP. Compaq, was within my budget, but those within my budget were not trendy and pretty old! At last on 12th June, 2010, i made my way to the computer shops with Rs. 40,000 in cash. i went to the Laptop World, first floor of E-mall, CR Avenue. I had a liking for either Compaq or Lenovo. Without much hassle, I came across the Lenovo G560 model (to buy online, click the link name). My new lappy was purchased for Rs. 35,200/- (VAT of 4% inclusive)

The features:
15.6" Screen LED
Integrated 2.0MP camera
Touch pad fior Sound and Display controls.
Lenovo innovation of Face verification. (since many a times I have a beard, I dared not to activate it!)
2GB DDR2 RAM
320GB SATA HDD
DVD Dual writer.
Intel Core i3
Lenovo innovation of one touch recovery system.
WiFi, BT, WMAX, WLAN, LAN
Multiple Card Reader slot
HDMI card reader
Sim Slot for mobile connectivity
2USB, 1VGA, 1Ethernet ports!
Windows 7 Home Basic preloaded, genuine.

Guess its cool and here are some ciool pics:






Because my old desktop is taking up some space...the present work station location is the desk top table chair!!!

Given my experience, I would suggest the following shops in and around Central Calcutta which are reliable and good:
1) E-Mall ( You get HP World, Laptop World, GSH Communications and E-Zone*)
*Futurebazaar group concern, RPG.
2) Technocrat IT solutions. Near E-Mall on the CR Avenue.
3) Computer Gallery.
4) Computer Exchange (Park street)
5) Laptop Bazaar (Ganesh Ch Avenue)
6) Lotte Computers (HP Dealers)
7) Capital Electronics (Beside Esplanade Metro)

Happy buying.... but Amazon has some cheap rates. I discovered this after I bought my Lappy. :( Chillax!

P.S: My first blog from my lappy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment