Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Ahiron Part 2: Beyond the Fences.

(contd from part 1)... the taste was not that would satisfy the thirst. In fact, the eeriness of that portion coupled by the suicide story and the folk lore of seeing the figure in the dark, that had left that portion of the house barren for the past 30 years, was not to be stopped in the night. The time, when I felt it.

     Confronting with bad luck, Mayukh Da (Dr. Mayukh Banerjee) won his share of birdies, getting some very vibrant colours in the feathers. He, with his Canon EOS 40D was clipping through the foliage, his 70-300mm Tele sniffing out the birds. Here are some examples:


             But, Nikon (D5000) was never behind and I did what my Wide angle lens was designed to do; take down landscapes and lifescapes. Some macro for the other fliers, the insects:


              I had my own plans and waited long for the night fall. That day, in the evening; an hour after lunch, we heading to roam around in the surroundings along the NH-34. The Raiganj Bird Sanctuary was in its amateur state, but had our share of luck with a pristine sun set. The bird watcher trapped in some more. Even Nandana stood to the occasion and gave a perfect pose. The picture that I named as "To the tunes of Sun God".


Nature was beautiful...

            By nightfall, we headed back to our base camp. We enjoyed the dinner, but now was my time of expectation. The date that I am talking off was a Saturday, 5th March, 2011. More so, it was a New Moon Night. Pitched darkness. Being a desolate place, amidst ruins of the 300 years old mansion, the night spelled its presence more. I went to the roof, along with Jayanta Da, Nandana and Niladri. I tried to test the "Night Shot" of my new camera. I deliberately focussed towards the corner that faced as well as covered the haunted portion. The shot was never clicked. I tried it 10 times...but the shutter wont respond. Manual Mode or Automatic Mode, the stuff wouldn't obey the master! I turned around and took a shot, it obeyed the command. I felt excited... (having goosebumps right now also). I asked Jayanta Da to stand between me and that "ODD" corner. The camera responded (see pic below). I asked him to move a little behind..after a particular distance, the shot became un-responsive. Is it peculiar? The villagers say that they see figures in the night in that direction!!!

The fence that goes beyond Jayanta Da wouldn't "take a pose". Thats the haunted arena, the "CORNER".

I not only tasted it...I felt it, and more followed when I insisted to sit in that dark corner with Niladri, Jayanta Da and Mayukh da, for the night chat - o - party! Loved the fun, Loved the ambiance. 

The love for unknown would soon culminate into the intrigued aspects of history, which shall follow in the next two parts (Part 3 and Part 4)... the real bengal...the real history...the bud of British East India was preserved within the dusts of Murshidabad. They were as exciting as the Fences; which surround the forbidden zone.

3 comments:

  1. cannot wait for the rest.
    eta desh patrikai likhchish naki je kisti te bar korchish
    ek songe part 3 ar 4 chai!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jani na bhai...whether this is Desh or Not...but tar theke kom bhab-vo keno???!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete