Thursday, May 22, 2008

Those Days of Science College, Ballygunge- IV

CHEERS IN THE DECEMBER RAIN.

When I came to this place from Presidency, my Under-Graduate instituition, a thought dawned upon me. I will miss Presi Days and amongst boresomes, my life will become a whole mound of soaked alluvial. Potent, yet unused because of amount of Sweat content! That first semester was a night mare to put it in the correct sense. At that time, had very few friends to chat with. With Sukesh, Sayantani and Diya in Biochemistry and Kanad in my own department, I had very few people to chat with once they went away home. I being a Canteen - parasite slowly started missing Pramod Da and developed a kind of de-taste for Gopal Da.

There was transition soon. Sukesh left to pursue his dreams in MBA while Sayantani made way to Rajabazar Campus forPhysiology M.Sc. I became almost a loner, when slowly but surely I started to discover few more gems in my collection of friends. It was LINKAGE 2006 a departmental Reunion as well as fresher's welcome that I slowly discovered the people. Joydeep, Budhaditya, Arijit, Basu, Arpita, Dhiman, all came into the picture with a different hue. They were completely different with different problems and solutions. Kanad came out as a different personality in few aspects compared to what I saw in Presi. I still remember that it was a Saturday. And as the Linkage got over, Joydeep, Budha, Arijit, Kanad, (Bhodku) and myself made our first visit to Rauls. A nearby Restro Bar and enjoyed the first CHEERS with a big smile. There was little winter rain: December Rain. And in such a joyous mood, it was really awesome to get drenched in the cool waters of Mother Nature. The scorcher of Summer Pain, was all cooled down, and the thirst already drenched by the three pegs of Old Monk and one peg of White Mischeif. Too bad, I didnt take out my digicam to capture the moments that now seems to be a candidate in the Hall of Fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment