I came across this really "funny" article, intended to tarnish the "change". It really defies me and my understanding about the common sense of the writer of the column, that winning a "battle" needs muscle power as well as proper planning. The good plans have already being mentioned in my last article, about making "herself" (Mamata Banerjee) presentable and staying with the known faces have boosted the image to a lot of expense. Tying up with the "goons" [which the article mentions] as well as the "elite" [which the article doesn't], made her at par with the ripened and mostly rotten brains of NO CHANGE!
Read the article to go further: http://www.hindustantimes.com/Mamata-s-muscle/Article1-690419.aspx
Did anybody give it a thought ever, as to why a party comes to power for over 35 years, without having half of West Bengal developed? Development in West Bengal, since 1976-77 is enlisted below:
1) Land Reforms: Removing the Bargadars and Zamindars (Land Owners), doesn't solve the problem. Distribution of Land among the peasants was surely a strong step that the Communist led Government had taken that could cement their position for the coming years since then, but for 35 years is simply un-imaginable. Distribution doesn't gurantee erasing all the pains that come upon the land owners. Reforming the socio-economic structure was important, which was slow paced and mostly un-touched, plans, still to be executed.
2) Government Control doesn't always legitimate the say of Party Workers only! The partiality brought about by the Left in the administration bears scars in the walls of all the Government Offices, where getting jobs meant to be party member of the Red Bastion.
3) Politicizing the Student Education was one of the worst decision that the Government allowed, killing the excellence. Calcutta University, Presidency College, Jadavpur University, Sibpur BE College, etc; renowned institutions, not only in West Bengal, but India as well as in the World, fell from their aura. A system, once inducted will carry-on, and if Mamata Banerjee can stop this, then she will be blessed like the Leftists were. Improve Education.
4) Destruction of Work Culture. Today, Bengal government officials take the most paid as well as early leaves. Kick them out! You have a Union that stands for the work thief! Starting for the government organization to the private sectors, becoming the flag bearer for a party has become a fashion, based on which the lazy wins the race!
5) Talking about flag bearers, the transport union formed under such political banners also make their own statement, creating a lot of fuss and trouble to the daily passengers. Tell them for their behavior, they will show you a card: CPIM and now a days TMC!
6) Shutting down potential industries all over bengal, for reason unknown, except political interference!
TMC might be doing the same; why say might, they will. But to over throw the red would atleast give healthy returns to the public, as TMC would try to be in the throne for coming years, with good work. A public gain. Hnece a change is NEEDED!