Sunday, January 10, 2010

Just another Post...

A few days ago, the chill was unbearable, here in Kolkata. I had my normal precaution gear on, clad in the woolen strip from head to toe. Looking like a multi coloured sheep, I roamed across the streets of Kolkata, from central portion of the city to the southern fringes where rests my working place. A regular day's work was about to start, when a thought came across my mind. Why are slum people always black? It seems that the constant exposure to the Genomics, Proteomics and the intermittent Transcriptomics, I just fail to accept the granted norms of the society.

The Question bears an impact in my mind, till date and its over a week ago that it came around in my consideration!

I get into another week, not knowing what more can I expect my wandering mind to come up with, but one thing I can mention is that, the boon of performing work in a research intensive environment has brought back the portions of my gray mater used to Blogitize my thoughts! I came across another thought.....

In the present time, Mr. Jyoti Basu have been gravely ill and thanks to some irresponsible websites, he was nearly declared dead! But I ask one question. Knocking his door at 96th years of age, is it valid for people to ask and cling onto the worn out body of this great politician? he cant take the banes any more, as it seems, still we have medical panels and medical boards that are constantly reviewing on the present status of that person... I have one more question to ask... with all the Political colour into it.....

If the West Bengal govt claim that they have the best health hospitals in the state, then why is a state- representative treated in a private nursing home... I guess I have asked this question...but most people would shun this to answer as they would say I am a spokesperson for the opposition, but over here I am a spokesperson of the masses.... because, six years back, I lost my father in such a "state run hospital"....



The sky becomes gloom again.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment