Friday, April 08, 2011

Travel Chronicles to Ravangla: Part 3

Drawing more from Silence of the afternoon, when we reached our lodging, the mountains called my lens towards a serene Sunset! Scenic, similar chrome with any Sunset, especially the ones that I witnessed the seas around... but this had a different meaning. A radiance with an welcomed heat amidst the chills! I loved it and snapped it!

Somnath Paul Mar 2011: Sunset from Ravangla, South Sikkim.

May be, spotting some UFO or even a Snowman/Yeti would have been more than awesome, beside this at that point of time. Fantabulous!

It was the time for a very late lunch, comprising of plain rice, fish (cold due to being late service) and a very good dal (pulses), papad and fried potato (aloo bhaja). The satiety center being filled to the full, the whole team comprising of 41 members, decided for an evening walk. Although the journey had eaten up most of the time, still the mist called me and my Nikon D5000. It gonna be something special. At least I hoped so!

Somnath Paul_Mar 2011: A part of the contingent.

Walking upto the gate of Menam point was a tough job for many and more over, dusk had already turned darker. Being in an unknown domain, it was decided that there ought to be a party in the eatery, large enough to hold all of us. Although Camp Fire was in mind, but it was too rainy outside! When the rounds of Antaksari was on its way, I was busy roaming around in the mists... dark they might be, but I loved the it.

Somnath Paul_Mar 2011: The Faculty Ready for In-house Party.


Over there, everything seemed so tension less. Silence prevailed in the night, with the fur coats of stray dogs looking at me, a overly dressed human, standing on the edge of a near desolate market. In front there was a big gorge, behind me was the faint laugh of 40 strong IICBians (new word)! Their laugh pierced the glass window and the woolen scarf that I had to prevent from catching cold! A very special and strict instruction from mom and a very good friend!

I waited for something to touch me... it did. The clouds, grey against the dark backdrop, suddenly smeared the Saffron Glow of the street lamps all around me. All I could figure out for 3-4 minutes, was a halo and moist settling over my specs!

I walked back into the hotel, for the dinner to be served. May be I was not getting the feeling that I hoped for before I stepped into this journey, but again, I believe... like in a previous occasion mother nature fooled me, my disappointment was also going to be fooled.

Somnath Paul_Mar 2011: Ravangla Bazar, 8:20PM.

Although the land was booming with liquor, that night Niladri and myself voluntarily missed out on the plan, as the coming day was a big day... a dream day.... to be revealed soon!

Somnath Paul_Mar 2011: A Chinese chandelier.

No comments:

Post a Comment