In the next few articles, I will try to put down a series of articles called hope of change and really hope to complete the series, before the 13th May, 2011; the day when the West Bengal assembly Results pops out!
This year, for the past 3 years have been mentioned as a year of change. A change from the ruling of the Communist Party of India and it's alliance, which had over ruled all the decisions, for the past 7 terms, ~ 35 years. Started with Late Jyoti Basu and believed to end with Buddhadeb Bhattacharya. Several reasons have been spotted for the need of this change, but till date every one had only one option. None other than the the CPM. This time round, since 2008-09, Mamata Banerjee, the all in one leader from Trinamool Congress holds the batton for the change. In this first article I shall put forward what the ruling Leftists did wrong that helped TMC to gain grounds into the heart of Bengal Population.
1) It is a well known aspect of human society; Arrogance brings the end to a System. Ruling for 30 years, since 1976-77, the Left front government grew arrogant. The activists too, became the suckers rather than workers. Still, they couldn't come clean with their bank balance, like Mr. Bhattacharya: http://beyondheadlines.in/2011/04/buddhadeb-has-no-house-no-car-no-investment-only-bank-balance-of-rs-5000/
This speaks for what he was up to like most of the ministers for the past few years.
2) Nandigram. A baseless "shooting" for a project that was just on the verge of taken into consideration. Bhattacharya govt blew their horns to the maximum extent, comparing that to be the bloodiest day in the history of Bengal Politics post Independence, being compared to Jalianwala Bagh.
3) Till date, Nandigram remained an issue. But, Netaigram brought forward a new picture, when the CPM -goons shot without warning over a population of villagers, killing 14 villagers, officially. The name of CPM leader came upfront.
4) M/s Banerjee is on a winning chariot because, post 2006, she has become very composed and less rough and rude. Its a face that makes her acceptable, with the intellectual community, the elite and distinct. The leader has placed a point cleverly across the table, appearing for the several game shows and award ceremonies, corporate meets, etc that has brought in a different aura along her side.
5) Placing herself among the dignitaries in various fields, the leader has come up brilliant ideas. Virtual till date but can be realized if she comes to power. So the Bengal has shown trend to give her the opportunity. 2009, Parliament was a clean sweep, the Panchayats and Municipalities too... now its 2011, the big game for the big house...
Just a reminder of what happened in 2006; will compare it after 2011th's May 13.
West Bengal Assembly Election Result Candidate Wise 2006