Wednesday, July 09, 2014

For the Archive | Football World Cup 2014

Hilarious for many...

But the First Semi Final have offered me a comic relief to share with all my friends and Gen Next for the years I will stroll this planet.

Miroslav Klose, the man who scored his 16th, over took Ronaldo to create a new platform of scoring goals in World Cup history. As it happen, I took a snapshot and was about to put on my facebook Wall. An in action (but hazy) picture of the Ball getting past the Brazilian Last Line and across the Goal line. As I was processing the image, I heard the commentators shout! 3:0. Remember, Klose's 16th made the score 2:0. It was just a few seconds.. Very few seconds. I peeped through the screen, it was 3:0. Well. Brazil would be losing for sure... but what followed next was really inexplicable.

My broadband was fast to upload the processed image. I clicked back into the full screen and the score line was 4:0. Amazing. At the moment, I was mused with the incidence... But then Brazil lost the game 7:1. A scoreline, that not many expected for this gigantic name in the World of Soccer. As it is... since the era of International football in 1914 it has never been so. So, it was a moment in history and I am proud that I can archive it as well...


As for the religion of football, its a beautiful game. A game that brings back every one... to their roots, digitally, verbally and even physically. Its a game of guts, gust and lust!

WC 2014 will be memorable, since it is the WC that I could follow without any exams or any thing lurking behind. Maradona is the name that developed my Loyalty to Argentina. It was back in 1986, when I remember vaguely my Dad dance with his local friends, taking me to the tunes of Bengal's traditional drums... Dhaak...

1990... I did develop some senses to identify the happiness... It was then I recognized the curly haired Maradona.

24 years... its a long time wait. Today, Argentina will face off with the Dutch. The world looks towards the magic  of LM10 (Messi). But the flying Dutch will be hard to tame.

For the archives. Argentina Vs Netherlands.

Pray the sky gets Azure even at Sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment