Thursday, June 21, 2007

The importance of 25p.

In this context of the modern world, its true that You cannot buy anything with a 25 paise, in India, except the bank account pass books can show Rs.1000.25 credit. But whne you would like top withdraw all the money, they would rather be greatful to pay you with Rs.1000, because they themselves lack 25p. This article is on the realisation that in the time of need, even a small 25p could show miracles, only this time it didnot happen!
I was literally dying of thirst, coming back from Manovikas Rehabilitation Institue and Biomedical research, where I have been pursuing a 2 month long assignment on Down syndrome. It was soaring hot and the heat wave continued well behind the evening had set in, on 20th June, 2007. The water carry was empty, and to quench my thirst before i could make my availability home, I decided to have a cold drink, and my favourite Thums Up was the choice. A 200ml bottle costs some where around Rs.7.00 and a 300ml one costs, Rs.10.00.

I had just Rs.6.75p at the day end. A well 25p less. The thirst remained..well it had to, for anothe rhalf an hour of walk! The "mere" 25p then seemed a great valuable money. Even as drops makes up A river, these minor 25p can also work wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment