Tuesday, September 11, 2007

after Post Graduation...

What??? Dont ask me!!!

There are many options as it is open. Many people have the apprehension that scientific research in the nation is going hay wire. And some one in the DST/UGC has heard the ailing and so has entrusted the national scholars with a hike in their salary by a gross INR 7000/- p.m. The funny part of the whole business is that in school, after matriculation, i.e ICSE/class 10 equivalent, almost 75% of the parents dream of their child pursuing Science. The motif: To become a Doctor (MBBS-->MD) or an Engineer and get a good secured job! I was also in such a queue only that my parents just wanted me to have science, and i too... but inspite of failures in making to the Medical colleges and compromising on a engineer life, I got into amuch General stream of Human Physiology and Graduated from Presidency College, Calcutta under University of Calcutta.

Then I tried for a number of places like Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and IITs along with some more! And many more my friends tried for! Eventually I got through in the M.Sc course in Genetics, under University of Calcutta. Today, 11th September 2007, I have already completed half of my course! Now its a whole new life ahead! Another rush and shots at some more examinations! And as per the topic, what?

1> Staying in India requires to clear the National Eligibility Test (NET) for a research life in India and that too with some healthy amount of money!
2> I would also like to take a shot at the GRE and TOEFL so as to try outmy dreams in the States, with a special dream to get into MIT! lets see how far I can achieve that dream!
3> One can also take a go at the diferent autonomous research scholar examinations taken up by CCMB, Hyderabad; TIFR, Bangalore/Mumbai; JNU, New Delh; IISc, Bangalore.
4> Take a try at the Zurich School of Life Science for a good biological research experience!
5> Germany also has lucrative offers of Molecular Biology works and Neuroscience!
6> GATE conducted to recruite students into the IITs and some esteemed institutes is also a good examination to sit for!

options are many... this is just a large chunk of the ice berg! Dive deep, this world is really wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment