Sunday, March 08, 2009

An Account of SIX Years.

Six years enough time to alter a whole cabinet of ministers and change the members of the House of Commons by a simple press of the thumb. And in these six years, many scribbles in red ink just managed to get through my scanning eyes, looking for perfection in academics. Come April, and I shall complete my sixth year as an academician, a profession that let me earn quite before my friends did. If I remember properly, I've been the first person of my School batch who opted for earning after completing my high school examination. (But if examined closely, I was second after Debojyoti who, as I had heard, was in the profession since we were in standard NINE). Even before the results came out, I got involved in the profession and my first ever student was a XIth standard girl from CGHS, Miss Aditi Ghosh who by blood relations was my aunt! What a way to start off!!!
It was April 2003. By the end of 2003 I was harnessing six students, yielding my pocket money and education fees, which was required given to the dry financial input of my family at the time.
Till date, the Golden Years in the proffession started from the year 2004 when I used to leave the house in the morning at 10AM for my college and after finishing off my classes and other commitments, I went to my students' places to do my coachin. I returned back home at 10:30PM- 11PM time span. Except for Sundays, the schedule was like this, and on the holiday, I started from 7AM- 9PM. I boasted to grooming 29 students from classes 4 to 12, various boards and various subjects, ranging between Biology-Physics-Chemistry-Maths. This Golden era continued till 2006, but after I came into post graduations I myself cut off few tuitions for my commitments in higher studies.
Today I miss those busy days. At home, I feel bored to the extreme. At present I have 12 students, and hope to get back to my Golden Schedule by the year end, for I need that! After all my friends are having a glorious day at their office, and I seem to be dragged behind somewhere!
Some one rightfull said, "You are running behind money too much that one day when you will stand to rest, you will feel restless. The simple reason being, you are standing to rest! Stop running so much!" But, I can't help. Can I? Do I have any option? I guess I enjoy teaching... sometimes I feel like doing a B.Ed and start teaching, which would give me proffessional and monetary satisfaction!!! I need them!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:30 pm

    Somnath, your story somewhere resembles the way I used to spend time for my students. Gone are those days buddy! But be assured - you are not alone! We are not alone! Cheer up! There's still a lot to be proved, I believe, I dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx buddy. Thanx for the support andrealization that no one is alone... even if they feel so..there are many in the boat...just invisible!

    ReplyDelete