Thursday, August 28, 2008

Changing Faces.

It was a bright afternoon as on 27th August 2008. Felt little out of place aa at no point, i could make Sleep come around the barrage, and rest in my eyes. I looked outside. The sun was brightly on. Turning on the pages of a local megazine, Raison Detere: Dreams, the Summer 2007 subscription, I came across an article entitled: The View from My Window, by Sarmistha Das. Elegant in description, the author lamented about the loss of some simpler cues to enjoyment, which she had come across in her youth, but lacks to see them. It was an account of spending a day in bed, weak from exhaustion.
Reading through the lines, I looked out of my window. Suddenly my eyes realised that just as the article mentioned, the skyline seemed totally changed. It is not that I am lying there after a long time, as I do every night, but the scenery seemed out of context in the daylight! There was a part of the antenna that jutted out over the paraphis, contouring arugged appearance. It was an attraction to my young eyes that sought for the playful crows, which used to find out the right point to balance the ever swinging rods! Zig and Zag, it went. The canopies of the potted plants, tried to pose, some climbers plummeted with a fixed end grounded firmly to the pots. Francis thakuma managed to keep them groomed and each spring or the favourable autumn or winter, they flourished with flowers, red, blue, magenta, orange and what not! I exercised my maths over them, counting the colours that I could see...
They were there no more.

It baffled me, how bauble a time I had to seek for the visions that gave me company in my lonely after noons of early 1990's. I can still recall that I caught the sight of a Cuckoo, sitting on the antenna, back in 1997. I had my english exam that day, and it didnt turn out to be satisfactory. I cried, untill I heard the sweet voice of the cuckoo. It was advent of spring.... but then, everything went vague, without a word.

Today I dont see the antenna, nor I see the plants.... the flowers have changed their faces...they are invisble... with see through colours.... the lights dimmed leaving me commatosed...

No comments:

Post a Comment