Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Faster than a second.

July 7th, 2009:

I was walking down the busy streets of Kolkata, rushing through the gloomy weather with hurry on my legs because I was damn late for the office. I had nothing to talk to, nothing to see for, only the second's hand of my TITAN wrist watch, trying to out run it by a second, every second.

But mysteriously, each tick on the second hand took me aback by twenty years, back in my school days. I could visualize flashing red lights. Some sounds tuned into my ears. Seemed like there was an out break of a war, some where I dont even know. But the sounds seemed familiar. I could relate them with me, which is mots surprising. I could see my first ever electronic gift, that my mom presented me when I was a kid of 8 years old.

A tear or two came across the corner of my eyes. I could feel running behind my mom, trying to chase her down with my toy gun. She would run as agile as a deer and I would frequently get upset for not catching upon her with my gun, "trying to save my kingdom" from a demon! Games, that have long lost into the sephia, past and rusted? I guess not, for I felt them very moist round the corners of my eyes.

I suddenly remembered that today my mom has a probable spondilisis developing. I have just bid her a bye, when she was seating at her seat, in the booth trying to safeguard our finances. Today, I do a job and I know that to become completely settled, I need some time more. But the time when my mom should have been resting, she keeps on ticking with her business. The seconds run faster than her and I try to out run each second...

I try to out run each second... try to catch the metro through the tube to my office, still the second runs faster than me and time? ................ away from me.

1 comment: