Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another Wicket Down... Suman Das.

After Sourav, last January [2009], its the time for another Behala-dweller, the happening and always jolly Mr. Suman Das to let his solemn life take another solemn oath and get married. In between there have been a few more marriages, but after Sourav, this is the one that I have had least expected to take place. The turn of the news and the hinges of the windows flew open, prior to the December picnic at Gadiara, when I came to know about the "surprise". Surprise was more in store when I came to know that many people knew, sans me!



But it was always sweet to talk to this man and he did admit and now stands strong. In the attempt to be part of the celebration, I have had sent my camera with Kanad, but it came in less handy as Kanad, without doubt had to manage the other cameras as well. The marriage took its solemn colours in a ceremony at Delhi on 6th January, 2010 and today concluded with an official reception.


@ Delhi.

The party poopers in Delhi had Sanchari and Sunandini apart from Kanad and over here we had Sukesh, Sadashib, Kanad, Ritwajit, Ronita, Sayantani, Benazir along with myself. There was good food and enjoyment with heart warming smile from the bride and the groom! Two states away, Charmi kept on her contacts with us, talking and blabbing! Missed her immense 1...2...3 laughter. We missed another person, who was away, but unlike Giggs, wasnt away two states but across two continents, and that's Khotu or Kasturi. Infact I missed my teens amongst the grown ups!


Although certain differences always brewed in and out, I always felt that I missed some golden moments in the truce to enjoy nothing! I missed that surely!

Some memoirs flocked the worn out mind. The car incidence with Sayantani, the Food that CM sir had once made with "Love" in our excursions, the proxy attendance that I used to give in for Sadashib, who now has a changed attire and look, the slaps that incidentally Suman and myself have had from Kasturi, where I started the proceedings. I also remembered the Metro Ticket fiasco with Suman, but above all, I remembered how he had once helped a limping man, soothe his twist at the ankle by helping him with a bottle water @ Central Metro. That's an incidence, which I am the sole witness and I really cherish the thought of kind from this guy!

I wish Deepti and Suman a very happy married life ahead!

Suman and Deepti. Reception, Tyagraj Hall [Kolkata] : 10.02.10.

No comments:

Post a Comment