Sunday, May 30, 2010

FIFA World Cup 2010.

Time to taint ourselves into tribes of different country. Only 11 days left for the Madness to begin, FIFA World Cup promises its best as a ritual carried on for decades. After the first win by Uruguay to the last winners in Italy, the eon if deciphered by me have lot to remember. The most grandeur and pomp, I must admit was in 2002, the year when I started to take the World Cup of Soccer seriously. The induction, I must admit came was flamed in by my school mates in Sourav Bose (Pachu), Suvodeep Rakshit, Aritra Das, etc. The fight between them was the support base between Germany, Brazil and Argentina. I loved Maradonna and for some reason, didnt like Brazil. Poeple used to think me crazy, but the seriousness grew with those end days of School End @ Calcutta Boys' School!

Brazil Won...

2006, Germany. The madness with Argentina, but that year loved the way Van Basten's boys played for The Netherlands! This year also, Netherlands are strong. Argentina and Brazil are always taken into consideration, but I believe, Germany and Spain can pump in some surprise. I wont be surprised, if Australia writes something new!!!

That year, one of the most undeserving team won: Italy. The charisma dropped from the Quarters, with Argentina being bogged down by Germans inspite of an early goal, breaking the German defence by Ayala. I still remember talking hot over the net, against the Germans and Subhojyoti was at the recieving end, being a strong supporter of Brazil. But, the story ends there....

Just 11 days for 2010 World Cup to start at South Africa. 11 more days to enjoy the ultimate. Here is the schedule of that Mega Event:


No comments:

Post a Comment