Monday, November 02, 2015

50 : 30

You have been 50 years and 1 day... I was waiting for this magical number to come forth, so that I can write this small token of thanks for entertaining 20+ years of my life.

Hi SRK, this is Somnath. Naam toh Sunah hoga...

That Somnath who reads your tweet and occassionally tweet some, to be "shared" by you on one occasion. Yes, I am that person, who still likes to watch your movies over and over again, but never speaks the good infront of your die hard fans; because I know that I cannot match their stamina. As it is, it will not be worth to pester you infront of your gates, when you try to take some time off for Gauri and your kids! Its like, Abhi toh Family baki hain yaar....

Shaking hands with you will not be enough, as it's better to keep immortal. If I touch you, you are mortal. Well, in true sense you are, but somewhere Gods are never mortal! :P

I know, there will be many eye balls popping out, I have never been in talking or discussing all these and have always tried to poke your die hard fans with some loose comments. Some how, I like to hear when people shout goodies about you. Naughty me.

Mr. Khan. Or is it Dr. Khan? What ever, SRK is better. 50 years of you have superseded my experience of 30 years on this planet Earth and an unsaid bonding started, when I saw you first on a road side poster, with two ladies on your sunglasses! Peculiar it was, to see such a face, I was quite inquisitive to see the movie. Although I was in class 3 back then, but the Kali Kali Ankhen and Kitabein Bahut See was already hit number. I remember, back then Doordarshan featured Chitrahaar and then Music Muqabla, where those were popular numbers. The last scene was a stunner when you set new standards to "death laugh", killing the villain! Well, the rest is history and Bazigar announced the new kid in the block, atleast for me!

Today, 22 years yonder, I recap that movie and why I started liking you. because the story line somehow reflected my family situation; dragged down from the crown! Well, that is a different context, but yes. The movie related me with your on screen character, Vicky!


Time has changed, and all these childhood memories simply bring smiles. Well, life should be outside the movie and PhD (or on the verge of it), makes it more practical. But still I wished I could be like you, Mr. Raju. Although earlier than Bazigar, I happened to see this movie in admiring Juhi. But then, your acting was captivating! Loveria! If I remember correctly, back in 1995 I had my first Malaria!!!


The nineties was a magic. Another fascination that still chased me, even during my PhD. The picture amidst the mustard field. DDLJ. Enough to show every Indian about EuRail, the Schengen Visas, Europe Tour and Love in a trip! I guess , to every person who have had seen the film, had fallen in love with that one woman or man, in a trip! I have done so, several times. Well, those remain fallen, since not every one is Raj Puttar or Simran!


Time for the Bollywood acronyms. After DDLJ, came DTPH and K2H2. Gosh, the time was high school and I was running behind learning organic chemistry and once instead of writing H2O2, I almost wrote K2H2, as I had seen the movie 13th time, to relax! Present date... well its almost 25 times and over. You have been a great Cccchhh..eater.... Teacher! I look forward for a college life and girls like that. But, then Presidency demanded other things than friendship band!


It required studying and my becoming a book buff from an occasional cinema franatic. But, you had a special place in my happy life and I remember proposing bring you for our College Fest! Well, back then you were not the Bengal Ambi. Right?


Today, I came across your upcoming movie called "Fan". Well. One thing for sure that I believe about me and my life; and may be this upcoming movie will confirm is that "Be So Great a Human Being that You and Only You can Imitate Yourself!" I think, Fan will reassert this thought!

Anyways, Happy Birthday. I know many people will poke me now. But somewhere, I believe, there is no Fan of Yours like me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment