Monday, February 12, 2007

44 hours in Kanyakumari Express.


The journey started on 22nd January, 2007 from Howrah station in Kanyakumari Express. The scheduled time was 16:05 hrs, and the train started on time. The first picture on the left is the last picture taken on the day, whilst leaving Kharagpur and as usual Bengal. On my way we had three big rivers of India, the Mahanadi which I missed due to night time, the Godavari as seen on the right picture and the Krishna which is an almost dried polluted river. The pollution of the south is having its toll on some of the greatest rivers of the subcontinent.

On my way, I was really lucky to snap some of the finest sceneries that can be viewed by rail road. It some how managed to erase the cumbersome journey that was having its toll towards the end, as it neared Kanyakumari.

I have never ever in my life visualized a wind mill in real, except in the idiot box. Kanyakumari journey allowed me to be the silent admirinf spectator to some of the most intriguing creations of mankind, that were not only immense but gigantic with some beautiful landscape behind them. This journey have shown me the harmonizing variety of shades of green, blue and Clay colour that can co exist at the same time! Its worth seeing!



Although the tour was not scheduled to have a halt at Madurai, but the train was, and the beautiful work of zooming by my Olympus FE150, I was able to take the shot of Madurai Temple that was situated 5 KMs from the station. It is shown as below!

to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment