Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Faithful.

With the Lok Sabha General Election 2009 is in a month's notice and all the nominations and the publicity being started or completed (in places facing the election on an earlier date), and with the turmoil over the Indian Premier Leagues' security concern after the terror attack in Lahore, the syndrome "being faithful" crops up again in the masses at various sporadic locations.
Starting from the Slums, even after the magnaminous success of their root film, SlumDog Millionaire, the syndrome grapples the citizens of all ages in the location. A few days back, I was passing through such and area and over heard a few people, sipping on their glass of steaming tea, talking about the parties and politics. I stopped by to listen their view, and well... I can confess I had this article in my mind. How can I miss such a lucrative discussion to proove that the syndrome still exists! In the largest democracy people still fall hollow to this kind of syndrome, which I call Faithful syndrome. I heard one of the four people say that he has been supporting Party X since childhood because his dad was an activist and he put forward some "excuses" for following the party! He even boldly said, "I have instructed my son to vote for Mr. Y of X. He needs some guidance, for it's his first time". A throttling of fair democracy starts from home. So what TATA TEA tries to make the Citizens aware of the responsibilities enthrusted on their shoulders, 80% of them shrug that off! Its just another day..where you have to say something for the nation! "Let's Sleep...Or Let's Party with a nice PopCorn and Hrittick giving his famous Wormy steps!" The JAAGORE CAMPAIGN, well you can be part of it. Atleast think to be part of!



Another face of being faithful comes when most of the young generation have lost their interest from voting. They like top lazy around, unaware or even aware that their phantom played by some stronghold party's goon have cast his/her vote in his or her name! They are faithful to their party leaders. That's why even after 10 years of my grand mom's death and also after 3 years of my dad's death and with all the documents being submitted properly, their names are still enrolled in the Voter's List. I is known that if you don't cast your vote for three times ins a row, you name gets cancelled from the register. I understand my dad's scenario, but my gran mother has been around 15 years NOW, (the previous data was duing last poll), which has seen more than three election. Then how come her name still features in the list? God Is Great in creating some very loyal phantoms!
Please think and cast your support... please come to cast them..for you all are grown up now! Please Act Like Them! This is a sensible citizen asking the other citizen's irrespective of thought or party. Come and Support.

No comments:

Post a Comment