Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Time Pass...

The start of 2014 happened on a different note. One week and over eight movies digested, both from India and abroad; all thanks to the pre-set downloads from Extratorrent.cc. These 8 movies includes BA Pass, Chader Pahar, Sherlock, The Conjuring, Satyaneshi, Meghe Dhaka Tara, Gravity and The Cave. And as the saying goes, there are good as well a bad that exists in this mortal earth, movies does fall withing that classification.

I would not like to talk on with all the eight, because that would classify my blog from 2014 as Movie Critic one; which barely is true. I am just a commoner, who happens to watch good movies and whose likes include Saving Private Ryan, The Bridge Across River Kwai, Band of Brothers, Independence Day, The Patriot to some more classics like Agantuk, Pather Pachali and Kuch Kuch Hot Hai.... the list continues. The movie buffs who have seen these will instantly know that I am a movie scrambler, rather than an assembler!

On a personal note though, these days; the unknown adventure movies are letting my expectations down. The same old concept follows, where a band of fellows move forward to excavate unknown, but ends up dying to about 80% of the starting group. The Cave is one such example. No wonder the underwater photography that they came out were brilliant, but apart from that, there is nothing new to the storyline.... except that it's a cave expedition rather than a Jungle as in Anaconda or may be a lonely Island. So, to me; The Cave is not worth an adventure. I believe, Ace Ventura the Pet Detective would bring in more adventure than The Cave, given the two are not from the same genre!

Gravity, a Sci Fi is no Hi Fi. Same old space mission where the crew faces an accident.... I encounter no other words to write about it... actually all the vocabulary is lost in an accident!

I loved Sherlock: The Sign of Three. It was really refreshing to see such an "iTech" Sherlock. The catch is, Sherlock was always ahead of time in his way of crime solving. But, the cinematography and direction was flawlessly realistic. Never at a moment it felt that it's being dramatized infront of you. This is a movie, which had stuck me to my seat from the word go! It never happens for many movies!

I believe, that coming days of the year, would be enriching me through a myriad of movies... enlivening my neurons with the old intellectual days...

No comments:

Post a Comment