Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The First Taste of an Interview.

It was a make shift shabby place, cleaned with eagerness, to bring forth an ambience of a place for interview. Rash Behari Avenue, 1:30 PM on 19/10/08. I reached there seeing a paper cutting. The post of a biolgy teacher in a residential school in Dehradun. The idea of the place sublimed my thoughts with Rockford, the famous residential school of Bollywood, directed by Rajesh Kukunoor. The man with Hyderbad Blues under his belt, served out of the most frequented life style in a boarding school. Although I wouldnt be the student in such a scenario, but to observe resudential school life from up close always romantacized my existing thoughts. More ever there was the idea of Dr. Arnold from Tom Brown School days, finding its location in England, penned down over half a century ago, if I am not mis-representing the time of the book.
Anyways, come back to the interview. In the world where the finances are going on a down hill ride all over, jobs and the pay scales were all except being attractive. And this interview was not an exception. The funniest part of it is that they didnt have a package, which irritated me the most. The gender bias was also prevalently present. The pay was random, with one constant thing, i.e, fooding and lodging. Some were payed F/L + Rs. 500 and for males the zenith was Rs. 2500, while for females with a similar post offer, had the zenith upto Rs.5000 - 6000 with fooding and lodging. This "chulkuni" for girls peeved me the most. When my turn came, they offered me Rs. 2000 with F/L. I just "literally" spat on their face, by saying a simple NO. Why not, every instituition has a starter pay package, and here it seemed that we were in a vendor market, having our degree and dignity on sale, in the market.
Idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment