Monday, April 06, 2009

My Shadow...

Interesting.
I am posting something after a really long time, after my standard of almost regularly updating. I admit that for the past few days I have been really busy with a lot of applications and other stuff! More over, for the past two days I havent been online from home, coz my computer's SMP blew off!!! (not literally)
But agains, certain things happen for your own betterment. Ask why?
The two day's forced exile from the cyber world let me fall back on certain tools of entertainment and murdering tools to kill time. My article diaries, the last article I wrote was in Novermber 2004. About five years old! I read to some of those un kempt articles that came out from my figments of imagination! Those were my Presidays... a time when everything was vibrantly changing it's meaning and colours!
Then I came across the testimonials that my Presi mates hav so carefully compiled for me. I revisited my past... the way I was and today the more composed individual that I am! Khotu (Kasturi), Pagli (Sayantani), Giggs (Charmi), Black Beauty (Sunandini), Chari (Sanchari), Suku (Sukesh)... they all wrote many pieces of incidents and good verses to let me rethink being a better human being! A less Chap-taking individual and less Angry man! Today I look back those roots!

Some excerpts:
Khotu: " SOB SOB SOB It was Saturday in the month of December. It was the first movie we saw together. it was KAL HO NA HO. Thanks for making us watch it Somnath. (Bengali) You cried so much during the movie. ... I had always thought that it was totally unmasculine and unchivalrous for a guy to cry, but seeing you that day... I changed my opinion and realised Crying is only an Outlet of your Supressed feelings..."

Pagli: " (Bengali) ... Amrita and myself boarded down at Cetral Metro. I was confident to get back to college, for it was a challenge that I, although knew less of the streets at this place can make it without you. But we didnt. We went the opposite way and realised the mistake, just to take a U turn and get back on the right track! Felt dejected! Felt angry! Hence smsed you, telling that it might be little tough, but we can make it. We made it! Then you were busy teaching, but when you came free, you rang up! I expected that you will be angry with such an sms! Instead you laughed! I could have been more angry with the humiliation, when you said something that made me realise that a true Teacher at heart can and only can he mention such: "First time it happens like that! A few days you be with me, walk around and not ride your car, you will learn each and every nook of the city! Thats a promise. May be this is a real teacher...in truest sense!"

Giggs: " We ( I mean u and me), get hurt easilyby other peoples' behaviour and have been victim by ourselves... do u know, I believe we shoudl care for ones who care for you...I do do, and would advise you to do so! This will help misunderstanding others a little less! Talking of misunderstanding, I remembered one more good quality in you! When ever you had a problem with anyone, you came forward in clearing it with that person face to face! Rarely does anyone have courage to do it!"

Black Beauty: " U know what Somnath, u are a really good and true person. But you forget the basic rules at times. I kow that you never mean to hurt anyone, but it is necessary to be conscious of your act, as the person who is getting hurt is your friend nah?!! So be cautious next time. You might get better friends, but you might not get a second chance later!

Chari: " Another thing - it is good to care about people, butmake sure you donot become a laughing stalk of the people. You really donot deserve that. You have a lot to give but dont squander it away on people who are unworthy or who find it un -necessary. You have a lot, doesnt necessarily mean that you wast all those away!

Suku: " 1) Please dont take un-necessary responsibilities. It will destroy you and your feelings... whu are you doing this?
6) Sometimes you want to move before time. Please dont do this!!!"

I dont know why I wrote these... but I think, these small words have been my shadow, and its always good to appreciate shadows for without them, your visibility is incomplete!

No comments:

Post a Comment