Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Bioscope of Olympus FX 150.

Back in August 2006, it came into my grasp after paying off Rs 11,500/- only. The big occasion would seldom go missing for a freaky photographer like me, who go by the mood. I give a self reckon to my skill as Mood-o-grapher, rather than a photographer or better say Mooderaman rather than a camera-man. Thats my way of thinking, and unlike my photoes which receive a stamp of authority, undersigned my name, I will keep the terms at common...for common use. May be after five years Oxford or Cambridge will fetch these two terms as their then "latest" amendments. Will love that though...

The big events that my camera covered or being with me are mostly spanned through the Pujas since 2006. This year, it shall be covering its 5th year, year, I have certain plans. Last year, the plans were little bamboozled by the rains and little lethargy (as I was in a corporate world, so its understood). This year, I need not mention that the work load has decreased, but the monotony that was there in the last year's job profile has gone as its more of the brain and less of the cash train! Like... "If you miss the train I am on.... * you will know the CASH has gone ... You will hear you boss shout... a 100 miles *..." Well a little innovation from my lack lustre music data base! ;-)

The year 2009, a year where lethargy maintained the Pujas. not very much roaming...just lazying around with my friends. Amongst the most memorable time that I spent was along the banks of the Ganges (Hoogli), in Princep Ghat. Always wanted to snap the Roman styled monument, with the Modern marvel of the Vidyasagar Setu in the back drop. As I wished, I got some... two days...and it was full of satisfaction.

Pujas 2009. Collage via Picasa 3.0

Faded, the memories will remain bright with then promised drink from Sanga at One Step Up at Park Street. To me, it was nothing more than luxury, coz when its festive  mood, I like to twirl the golden rum, ON THE ROCKS! So we had.... followed by something un-usual, finishing dinner at KFC! God...I must have had been out of my minds! We were....

A year more, I had one of the most appreciative picto-puja, the retro way. Styled the least... moved out the most, spanning from North Calcutta to South. Nothing...and I literally mean nothing was left un-touched. But yes, I would rue that this was the only puja, since I was in Standard XI, that I had lived through without meeting S5 or the members for once. Some how, the gang never met up! But yes, I had new friends and new company. As part of the appreciation, the folks in States relished the Kolkata Pujas through my lens... I had hoped to be in the same line in 2009, but I hoped too much and may be luck never let me capitalize!

  Pujas 2008 Collage Via Picasa 3.0

Sephia.... not vagued.

I remember 2007 as one of the most exciting Pujas of my life. Some how the snaps have gone missing, but Pujas 2007 excitement will never be. I, for the first time participated in a Stage Drama show during the Pujas. Its not new that I have been involved in this somehow...but during the Pujas...gave me the Victorian Thoughts of Drama- artists of yesteryears, acting out some entertainment for the Art-loving Bengalis. Thanks to Ankita's  residential complex to give us the opportunity to act Birinchibaba, on Saptami. I have some snaps from the rehearsals, which I am keeping as a reminiscence of Pujas, 2007.

Pujas 2007 Collage Via Picasa 3.0
Love....

Well, my digital romance started from 2006. The first Pujas and the largest images on display in this article through the collages, Pujas 2006 was a juncture between my Presidency Years and my M.Sc Years. The joint had the remnants of B.Sc with college friends going out for the last time. I remember Khotu's comment when she was in US, as that she missed my Conducted Pujas Tour through the serpentine lanes of North Kolkata. Behala and parts of South Calcutta had already been organizing good Pujas, but believe me, I never ventured past Ekdalia and Singhi Park... reservations: Didnt know the Serpentine lanes; literally speaking, South Kolkata lacks them very much.


Pujas 2006.

The battle between the North and South shall prevail. But this pujas, 2010... I will try to hop back into my 2006 shoes and span the Kolkata...for the sake of the taste of the festivals...for I think... chances for next time should never be taken!!!

I will miss S5... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment