Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Winners...

Things have always been on change and what more, Blogger introduces the new stats section, which looks quite like Google analytics, which I have activated as well. My age have taken one more turn into the 27s...and few more grey lines have been spotted. I have also become conscious about the ripples and the cripples that have been associated lately behind eye horns! Man... ( and woman)... I am growing...ahem..OLD!

Its very hard to realize that Kolkata is losing some of its glories. With the old names in the Cinema Locality of Dharamatala and Esplanade already giving way to the Multiplexes around the city, my recent observation was regarding the hand drawn rickshaws being replaced by the tricycles... No doubt they demand less on power and energy, but the tradition goes as Kolkata (Calcutta) is the only city in the World these hand drawn carts and rickshaws still ply! Its too sad that we are living in the future super power State, called India, but we can't maintain such traditions, while our neighbors keep their Tradition's Flag hoisted up proudly. Yes I am talking about Pakistan...our neighbors who have maintained their tradition... First in post World War II they begged for some land from India and now they keep begging from the Bookies.... in their Cricket Matches abroad...! Gosh...we cant manage our tradition!!!

Recently, I have been enjoying pieces of mockery by MIR, in the The Telegraph. The recent one was a wit written on the condition of the roadways in the City of Joy, filled with Pot Holes! The mockery was too good. Since I donot have permissions for Re-prints, I would certainly recommend you to have a laugh, by visiting the Online edition! After all, it requires sheer innovation to compare the roads of dream in Kolkata with Hema Malini's Cheeks and the actual scenario as Om Puri's Cheeks! Cheeky!!

But anyways...all tribute to ANYONE... I have something for You Kolkata!!!

© Sep 2010. A Floral Tribute to Our Beloved City.

So who are the winners?

Guess............................................

2 comments:

  1. Really nice blog...I also support that old and new can mix and stay together harmoniously.Unfortunately that does not seem to be happening.
    My only question why did you include a Pakistan bashing statement in this fine article...very untypical of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change...actually I was pissed off with this match fixing stuff held against Pakistan...and as it is..they are good for nothing! So... changed my usual style... ;)

    ReplyDelete