Friday, September 03, 2010

Running Past My Shadow.

Can we ever Beat our Shadow, which grows longer each year...? We have to compromise with the thought that our shadows will always be nose ahead, where ever we grow! A progressive mind would comment on my last couple of lines and compare them to being pessimist, as man always run towards the Sun...so how Shadows grow in-front of you? The Laws of Physics also stays on the Critic's side, proving them right and me - wrong.

But....

Lets think it on a different frame:

How about running into the dark nights of Cold Death? The darkness smudges from the sides to bid your materialistic body a farewell.... from this Earth? Now that means running with the Sun behind you... and the shadow grows taller than you... Ah!!! Just like a Human heart, mind and desire, Physics takes my side...

Its all Relative!

Today, while going through the pages of Perspectives in Genetics and Cytology, an annual Scientific journal published by AICCG Organizing Committee, this time published from Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, a journal which I have played a part as Assistant Editor; it dawned on me that the All India Conference of Cytology and Genetics (AICCG), is almost over by nine months, last taking place in Dec, 2009. It dawned on me, that my association in the world of research has also taken a leap by ten months!

And then I turned into the pages of FaceBook....

Very recently, following one of my present Departmental Juniors, Smritikana, from Presidency College, Department of Physiology... I decided to put on the pictures of my Presidency Days (2003-2006). Since I lacked a handy and sleek digicam back in those days, most of my pics were Analog! In one pic, whose link I am sharing from facebook, I re-discovered the Goodtimes and Taste of a Good Senior Junior Relationship... something that I also mention to my Present Physiology students, to make this as a habit to interact with the seniors...

The point is: Those Days of Presi were Great... a reverberation that always makes me miss them!

The Link, click here.

The Picture:
Department of Physiology, Presidency College Picnic.
Somnath Paul, Dec 2003.

1 comment:

  1. Ki roga chili,ekhon kemon ekta ham bhora bhab chole esheche amader bondhur modhye.
    Nice post...nothing like Nostalgia

    ReplyDelete