Thursday, January 01, 2009

Welcome 2009.

New year brings with it, many new hopes as always. But this time round, I hope to stick by my principle to have some better and bigger blogging. May be a different name or an outlook is on its' way, but today, it was a new year which never was with new people.
While making myself comfortable with the morning cup of filter coffee, I never expected to spend a day like I did today. Yesterday, many of my Presidency mates have met up with Charmi who had come down to Calcutta for a short break from her busy schedule. Today, by the stroke of the stars, I met up with her and had some nice moments gossiping about our college life that we have had left behind some three whole years ago, in literal sense... today its 2009 ( if you remember). From then on the idea of having the year start on an old note never was the MOST prominent factor, but eventually it turned out to be so... except if you leave aside the preparation of Chilly Paneer. Now that is something that I have been taking up as a hobby or a passtime... making myself comfortable in the Kitchen.
Cold breaks in Calcutta are pretty common in the past three to four years. Today the mercury did sore up a few degrees after the bonne chilling experience in the recently concluded Christmas season! But inspite if these daily chores another interesting aspect came forward. 2009, is considered to be the year of the digit 9, and many predictions with some mini Nostradermis have been making their voices heard. Some are saying that the year of the ord is 2009. Some utter a factor called "Meeting destiny as Human Kind"... any many many more! Feels pretty interesting, but hopefully at no avail...
Anyways, welcome 2009...

No comments:

Post a Comment